The VCA Auto Switching solid state voltage converter combines a 50 watt transformer and a 2000 watt solid state converter into one unit. Automatic load sensing allows use of electronic and motorized appliances with a wattage rating of 50 watts or less, or high wattage non-electronic heating appliances rated up to a maximum of 2000 watts or less. No switches, no hassles, this voltage converter senses your appliance load and automatically chooses between a 50 watt transformer setting and a 2000 watt solid state voltage converter circuit setting. It features LED lights that indicate the setting being used.
Model VCA 50/2000 Auto Switching voltage converter: This voltage converter is designed for use with 110-120 volt electronic and heating appliances* rated up to a maximum of 50 watts and non-electronic appliances up to 2000 watts.
- This voltage converter/transformer has the highest maximum watt rating available anywhere.
- One year manufacturer's limited warranty.
- Complete instructions included.
- Automatic overload protection: no fuse to replace
- Round pins on back of voltage converter are the 4 mm European style
- Input 0-50 watt setting: 220-240 volts AC; 200 mA, 50/60 Hz
- Output 0-50 watt setting:110-120 volts AC; 400 mA, 50/60 Hz
- Input 2000 watt setting: 220-240 volts AC; 8.3 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output 2000 watt setting:110-120 volts AC; 16.6 A, 50/60 Hz
- Maximum capacity: 0-50 and 50-2000 watts
- Weight: 15 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.875" H. X 2.375"W. X 2.5 D.
- Conforms to ANSI/UL Std 1012
- Certified to CAN/CSA Std C22.2
IMPORTANT NOTE: This model is not designed for continuous use and should be removed from the electrical outlet when not in use.
Maximum electrical rating for the above products cannot exceed 2000 watts on non-electronic setting and 50 watts maximum on electronic setting.
The VCAB combines a 50 watt transformer and a 2000 watt solid state converter into one unit. Automatic load sensing allows use with 110-120 volt electronic and motorized appliances that require 50 watts or less and with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances* that require 2000 watts or less. Includes the round pin European appliance plug**. To determine if you need additional adaptor plugs see Voltage Valet's Country List in the Electricity Guide section.
Use with electronic and motorized devices such as:
Contact Lens Disinfectors
Oral Hygiene Devices
Use ONLY with NON-ELECTRONIC heating appliances* such as:
Hair Roller Sets
If an overload condition occurs your converter will automatically shut off, protecting the converter and your appliance. To restart, simply unplug the converter and allow to cool, then plug back in. There are no fuses to replace.
* Do not use Model VCA with electronically controlled heating appliances including: Coffee Makers, Irons, Electric Blankets, Hair Straighteners, etc., that use digital timing/temperature control circuits or have Auto Start or Auto Shut-off features.
**IMPORTANT: An additional European adaptor plug, type "B" (PBC-1), is required to fit recessed sockets found in most countries in Continental Europe.
NOTE: The model VCAB is not designed for continuous use and should be removed from the electrical outlet when not in use.